Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

League Round 1 - Season 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

League Round 1 - Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Well it's the day everyone has been waiting for all Summer over christmas, and it has finally arrived. The opening day of the season.

Fixtures are as follows:

1. AZ Alkmaar V Bordeaux
2. Dortmund V Boca Juniors
3. Sydney FC V Atalanta
4. FC Zenit V Steaua Buchurest

Everyone knows how important a good start to a season is, as it can get your season up and running.

My Predictions:

1.With drastic changes at Bordeaux due to thier dismall season last year, I think it may take time for the team to gel. Alkmaar had a mid table finish, and I think they can squeeze out of this game with 3 points. 1-0.

2. Hard to predict. Changes in both sides as both had a very different season last year. 1-1

3. Never like to predict on my own game, but I will give my opinion (If there is a difference Very Happy ). Mass changes have been made to my newish side, and I have brought in some sheer class called Kringe. Sydney will be unsure on what to expect I would imagine. Should be a interesting game.

4. Another hard game to predict. With the new playing style, I think we could expect a score draw. 1-1
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:36 am

I have a feeling this is going to be an entertaining game. I think Jonny will be able to score one or two (knowing my luck, the normally useless Aloisi will probably fire in this game!) so we're going to have to be at our best to get on top of this weekend's match.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 pm

I am steering clear of predicting anything in week 1 as I have no idea what to expect from people!
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
I am steering clear of predicting anything in week 1 as I have no idea what to expect from people!

Booooooooo!!!!

Shocked

Dont be sitting on the fence, put yourself out there! lol!
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Time to dab my hand at a couple of predictions for Round 1:

AZ Alkmaar V Bordeaux
Scott has a hell of a squad this season. Surely he is favourite going into this game. I guess the only question is how is he going to set out tactically? His defensive line can protect his slightly weaker goalie. I tip Bordeaux to start the season in style. 0-2

Newcastle V Boca Juniors
Remember, Newcastle is the old Dortmund team. Surely the home team are favourites against a very unbalanced Boca midfield, who don't have the most secure defensive stats either. As long as Newcastle have their shooting boots on, I don't see why Tone can't start the season on a high. 4-2

Sydney FC V Atalanta
This is going to be a tough match for both sides, who are fairly equal in all departments. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a draw and a game with a good tempo. 2-2

FC Zenit V Steaua Buchurest
Another very evenly matched game in prospect here. I think Steaua are the slightly more likely to break what could well be a stalemate. Walcott could be a vital figure for Steaua this season. 0-1
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 pm

well ive done my sheet, gone 5 in midfield due to not really having a top class second striker, and also not wanting a loss in game 1!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Round 1 - Season 2   League Round 1 - Season 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Round 1 - Season 2
Page 1 of 1