Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 2 *review*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Well we are nearing kick off time for season two, and with the new changes to the game its looking promising for a challenging time ahead. Some managers have made big changes to their teams, others seem to be sticking with what they have, who will come out on top? Well, thats what I will try to predict!

Sevilla

From what I have seen, I am expecting Sevilla to really go for youth honours this time around, highlighted by Pato being switched to his reserves and the signing of S_Rigg 18 C eng 1 4 3 18 meaning his attack will be pretty fearsome.

He still has a very strong senior side, and, if he can continue with the form he found at the end of last season, I am expecting Andie to guide his guys to at the very minimum a top 3 position.

My expectations - top 3 finish with a successfull youth team earning Sevilla major cash to invest for season 3.

Kep players - has to be Palop, the best keeper in the game, and with the new changes to keepers, he could prove even more valuable. Outfield, I believe his attacking wingers will hold the key to a successfull season, my only surprise is he didnt go for Walcott in last seasons auction.

Potential downfall - hmmm, the only area of concern would be a back up forward seeing as Pato looks like he will see the season out in his youths, though im sure Andie has this covered and will arrange something before kick off,

Grasshoppers

Bryn has been silent so far in his AFM actions, with very little activitity its hard to really say what his side will do next year. with 22mil in the bank and all scouts still unused, he certaintly has options open to him should he decide to use them.

Grasshoppers have a good, if not remarkable squad so I would, looking at their current state, expect them to be hovering mid table next season. All this depends on Bryn, because with one or two inspired signings they could soon enough be up near the top.

My expectations - anywhere between 3rd and 7th in my eyes is pssible, it just depends what Bryn turns up this season.

Key players - Machado 28 C bra 1 4 9 21 has a lot of pressure on his shoulders to get the goals in a somewhat lackluster attack.

Potential downfall - Bryn really needs to get his squad ready, otherwise the only area for blame would be himself.

Leicester City - Current champions

Lee has been active as can be, and will be loooking to spread Leicester's success out to other areas in season 2. They are still, in my opinion, a little short od depth, but that isnt really surprising considering the deal for Fabregas.

Along with Fabregas, Leicester have signed another couple of midfielders, probably the most important being G_Gattuso 30 C ita 1 14 20 2 who he signed in the auction for a bargain 4.5mil!

My expectations - Well I consistantly tipped Leicesters form to drop last season but it didnt, hate to say it lee, but I feel you just lack the depth needed to reclaim the title, so I will, once again say 3rd or 4th for the foxes.

Key players - Fabregas and Gattuso are the key, if they can create a stable formation for Lee to build on, anything is possible.

Potential downfall - depth. with some clubs having twice as many players as Lee of first team quality, he will have to be on the ball with his rotation policy to make the most of his season.

Bristol Rovers - League 2 champions (promoted)

Bristol Rovers were season ones goal machines, with their forwards scoring for fun. Can Chris get them to do the same in league 1? I am not too sure. If Leicester City lack depth, the Rovers are absolutely desperate for it, especially in midfield, where they probably have 3 players that mos league 1 managers would consider league 1 quality. However, I know Chris is finally beginning to look at season 2 and put some plans together, so he should soon enough be announcing new signings coming into the club.

My expectations - Hate to say it, but Rovers have probably the weakest sqaud on paper in league 1, though Chris proved his tactical knowledge last season, they are my tip to finish bottom 2.

Key players - Their two front men will be expected to again score for fun if they are to have a chance of staying up

Potential downfall - Their midfield is so short of quality that ist fair to say P would be the last tactic on Chris's plans!!!

CSKA (promoted

Steven finished season one runner up in league 2, and has made no signs so far of any improvments to his side.

My expectations - Lacking even the firepower of Bristol Rovers, I cant see the bulgarian side finishing anywhere but bottom.

Key players - E_Marques 21 RLC bra 2 22 3 4 has the enviable job of making enough tackles to stop the opposition

Potential downfall - CSKA just dont look ready yet for the step up, I think I remember Steven saying it may have came a season too soon, and I fear he may be right.

Coventry City

With the signing of Bojan in the auction, Coventry look in good shape for season 2. Even with manage John Raggett having not used any of his scouts or spending any of their money, I would expect them to do well. I would expect hime to either make one big name deal, or invest heavily in youth to put a challenge in on all fronts.

My expectations - City look good, so I would expect them to hit the top 3 at the least.

Key players - new signing Bojan 18 C spa 1 3 12 19 will be the key to a successfull rotation strategy with their forwards, with him also getting some good EOS bonuses, it will be interesting to see just how many minutes he gets under his belt.

Possible downfall - cant see one on paper, so only John himself could trip the sky blues up, he will be hoping for a better start than last season to get them in the frame from the start.

FC Twente

Harry has made little change to the dutch outfit, who, with one or two signings could look a changed side from the strugglers of last season. However, without them, they look a side with some talent, but too many holes to make the most of it.

My expectations - With no signings, I would expect them to be in a dog fight with Bristol Rovers for 6th-7th, with them, they could aim slightly higher.

Kep players - B_Kufo 18 C swi 2 3 4 21 the youngster has a bright future and will be relied on to form a good partnership woth Babel to fire them away from danger.

Potential downfall - Has to be their goalkeeper, the rerate has done them few favours, and could be a big factor in the outcome of their season.

Sau Paulo

James is now in the land of Oz on his holidays, meaning he has left the brazilans with me untill he returns. So, what has the club who are the top spenders done with all their cash? On first sight, its hard to really see where James has invested all his cash, however, look closely, and you can see a team that will, over time, only get better.

My expectations - Hmmm, well I must say the pressure lies with me doesnt it! With James having fun over there, im left trying to ensure I dont get him off to a terrible start so that he has a fighting chance to go one better than last season in the league. His side still seems a little behind the likes of Sevilla and Coventry, so I would say 3rd or 4th.

Key players - B_McKay 17 RLC sco 1 4 10 18 17 will be thrown in at the deep end and expected to repay the 14mil invested in him.

Potential downfall - leaving me in charge is a big one! Besides that, an experienced forward will make things hard for the brazill outfit.

My EOS table prediction

1 - Sevilla
2 - coventry City
3 - Leicester City
4 - Sau Paulo
5 - Grasshoppers
6 - FC Twente
7 - Bristol Rovers
8 - CSKA Sofia
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:11 pm

good read!

btw whens kick off?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:03 pm

andieglen wrote:
good read!

btw whens kick off?

hopefully 11th Jan, ill confirm this in a day or two
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Quality read.

Got to be Leicester and Sau Paulo the two for me this year, would be well happy with second.
Back to top Go down
shawry - LCFC
Need to practice
Need to practice
shawry - LCFC

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:27 pm

cant c it myself,got a very young squad ,
top 3 hopefully but dont get me wrong will go for it again and c wot happens,
think cov will becum L1 champs this season!
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Quote :
Potential downfall - hmmm, the only area of concern would be a back up forward seeing as Pato looks like he will see the season out in his youths, though im sure Andie has this covered and will arrange something before kick off,

thats sorted lol

L_Fabiano 26 C bra 1 3 2 21 27 0 300 368 360 550
G_Nelson 30 RC net 1 4 11 20 17 0 300 429 400 534
Fred 31 C spa 1 9 10 20 18 0 300 300 300 300
Bob 21 RLC bra 2 4 4 18 17 0 300 369 359 940

always have pato in my reserves just incase?

A_Pato 16 C bra 1 2 7 19 10 0 500 532 614 647
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season 2 *review* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2 *review*   Season 2 *review* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2 *review*
Page 1 of 1