Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pritchard Arrives Home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
craigpp
Admin

Pritchard Arrives Home Empty
PostSubject: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:05 am

Sydney-born Craig Pritchard has returned home to be appointed the new manager of Sydney FC in the new Advanced Football Manager competition.

Pritchard brings a lot of overseas experience to the club after managing clubs such as Inter Milan, Watford, Arsenal and Newcastle United over his long career as a PBEM football manager.

Sydney FC chairman Andrew Kemeny could hardly contain his delight to see the Australian come home after building a managerial career in Europe, hoping for quick success from Pritchard.

"It is fantastic that Craig has come back home and we expect that we can be challenging to get into League 1 as soon as possible." Kemeny said in this morning's press conference.

Pritchard himself was extremely pleased to be appointed the manager of his local team.

"Ever since the A-League started, this has been my dream and I'm finally able to realise it." Pritchard said. "This appointment just whets my appetite for success even more. I can't wait to start working with the squad."

As one of the glamour clubs in the relatively new A-League, Sydney FC will be expected to step up to the challenge of AFM football and spread the gospel of the rise of club football in Australia after the long-suffering NSL was disbanded four years ago.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:27 am

craigpp wrote:

As one of the glamour clubs in the relatively new A-League

galamour club? John Aloisi?

never thought I'd here that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:56 am

Scott - admin wrote:
craigpp wrote:

As one of the glamour clubs in the relatively new A-League

galamour club? John Aloisi?

never thought I'd here that!

Haha, "glamour club" relatively speaking! Most Championship sides could probably beat the real Sydney FC! In real life Aloisi is the club's marquee player this season scarily enough and is still as much of an injury crock as he ever was! And still as much of a whinger on the field as he ever was as well! Razz

As for the good things he's done, he netted the spot kick to put Australia into the World Cup (I was there and sitting in the home end for that one!) so everyone in Australia remembers him for that more than his ability (or lack of it? Wink).
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

I might also add that Brian Deane was a marquee player for one of the clubs in the first A-League season, and he failed miserably. Just goes to show how far we need to travel to become a decent league What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:36 pm

John Aloisi is a legend, very much under used at Coventry but much loved ny the fans.

Super... super John... Super... Super john.... Super.... Super John.....Super John Aloisi cheers
Back to top Go down
Matias
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Sporting Lisbon could beat any Aussie club irl :/ they are a big team in Portugal and Europe
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:37 am

Rags wrote:
John Aloisi is a legend, very much under used at Coventry but much loved ny the fans.

Super... super John... Super... Super john.... Super.... Super John.....Super John Aloisi cheers

Underused, maybe. But as far as I know, his time at Coventry was marred by injuries as well.
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:38 am

Matias wrote:
Sporting Lisbon could beat any Aussie club irl :/ they are a big team in Portugal and Europe

That's true. Portugese clubs have a MUCH bigger budget than any of the Australian clubs at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:40 am

craigpp wrote:
Rags wrote:

Underused, maybe. But as far as I know, his time at Coventry was marred by injuries as well.

Your right he did pick up a few injuries, but when fit the managers just used him as a sub, even though he was regulary on the score sheet.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:46 am

a regular scorer? he scored 13 goals for you! thats it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pritchard Arrives Home   Pritchard Arrives Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pritchard Arrives Home
Page 1 of 1