Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Youth League Information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CSKA
Admin
CSKA

Youth League Information Empty
PostSubject: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 am

Just a quick note to say that i will be running the youth leagues for scott, Please send the teamsheets direct to me on humblepiedisorder@hotmail.com

All the information for the youth league and cup will be on the forum just to keep everything simple, but i will send out the results to all your emails.

The fixtures for this season for the youth will be exactly the same as for the senior squads, just to make my life easier for now, but obviously as the youth league is competitive then i will generate a independant fixture list for season 2 and for every other season after that.

Another point to add is that because of the large amount of cash involved in the youths, you must sheet for them, if you dont then the T tactic will be played. This is due to them being fully competitive and the cash rewards are worth spending that extra 5 mins sorting a youth sheet.

The youth cup is set out in a champion league style with 4 groups of 4 to start, but only playing each other once and there will be NO home advantage for these games. Then the top 2 will go through to the knockout stages

If you have any other queries either email/message myself or scott. Also any suggestions on how things could be improved are always welcome.

Last edited by CSKA on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 am

Sounds good Steve, and looking forward to getting youth results from you over the course of the season!

As for the youth cup, I'm wondering what kind of reward we would get for progress in the competition. If it's going to be fairly low, might I suggest a Champions League-style format with four groups of four, two to go through to the knockouts (possibly knockouts can be played over one tie and a neutral ground). This way, everyone would get at least three extra games for their youths, with the knockouts being an added bonus. At least there is something to play for and it's not about the dosh the club gets.

Perhaps the more realistic option though, is to maintain a similar system to the League Cup (looks like a knock-out format all the way). That way the senior squad's League Cup and the Youth Cup can be run side-by-side. Will be easier to track for yourself and Scott.
Back to top Go down
CSKA
Admin
CSKA

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am

yeah i like the idea of the champion league style format but we havent really thought about it till recently so it could be a rush job to get it up and running, but if everyone wants it then i will sort it out with scott.
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:31 am

Steven wrote:
yeah i like the idea of the champion league style format but we havent really thought about it till recently so it could be a rush job to get it up and running, but if everyone wants it then i will sort it out with scott.

Surely the youth cup would have to fit in with the first team schedule therefore mirroring the first team cup in same amount of games?
Back to top Go down
CSKA
Admin
CSKA

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Rags wrote:
Steven wrote:

Surely the youth cup would have to fit in with the first team schedule therefore mirroring the first team cup in same amount of games?

sort of yes but we could sort it out i am sure. My only concern is players in the youth team dont get bonuses just usual abs, so it may be in everyone interest if every youth team plays an extra few games for those all important abs, maybe??? i am happy either way, as i think a league cup style wont take up the whole season as with only 16 teams your only going to have four rounds ii think if my maths is correct so we could start the youth cup as a Champ league format next week and still be on track to fin by the same time, perhaps?? let me know
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:24 pm

So will the cups take place midweek, rather than at the weekend when the league games are?

If so then yes it would work but if they are taking place instead of league games then it won't.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Rags wrote:
So will the cups take place midweek, rather than at the weekend when the league games are?

If so then yes it would work but if they are taking place instead of league games then it won't.

league games wont be interrupted for other competitions john, they will always be on the sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Scott - admin wrote:
Rags wrote:

league games wont be interrupted for other competitions john, they will always be on the sunday.

I get the league games are on Sunday but what about the cups if they are on sunday then the youth cup would have to be the same as the fiorst team cup, but if midweek then you could have as many youth cup games as possible within the season.
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:53 am

Steven wrote:
My only concern is players in the youth team dont get bonuses just usual abs

If memory serves me correctly, youth players get a small ab bonus at the end of the season so it may make up for the games the youth squads probably need to play in order to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:39 am

cup games will be midweek so they dont interrupt with the leage action, both senior and junior cups.

As for youths, if they are in your youth team, they wont get an EOS bonus, only your best performer in each position will.

Attached from rules page:

Youth players in the youth team;
All youth players who play in the youth team will gain abs in the standard way from playing games.
At the end of the season, a number of awards will be given to the players with the most saves, tackles, passes and shots from your team. The award will be in the form off 250 abs to that players main stat.
All youth teams will recieve the four awards.

Youth players in the senior team;
All youth players who play for the senior team will gain abs in the standard way from playing games.
However, at the end of the season, all their kay saves, tackles, passes and shots will be multiplied by 10 and added to their relevant stats.
There will not be any end of season awards for senior team youths.

It is therfore extremely beneficial to play youth players in your first team.
IMPORTANT - For a player to be valid to recieve their x10 bonus, they must spend the WHOLE of the season in the first team, and cannot be moved back and forth
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:48 pm

So a Champions league style cup could well work, let's just hope we get the interest in the youth's
Back to top Go down
CSKA
Admin
CSKA

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Rags wrote:
So a Champions league style cup could well work, let's just hope we get the interest in the youth's

well theres enough money in doing well in the league so i woul dof thought people should have some interest i think its about 8 mill for winning each div so lots to go for, wont be some much incentive in the cup i reckon but more for abs for the youths.

And remember if you dont sheet for your youths they will play T tactic
Back to top Go down
newgold
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 pm

This way, everyone would get at least three extra games for their youths, with the knockouts being an added bonus. At least there is something to play for and it's not about the dosh the club gets.
Famous Quotes by Abi Titmuss
Abi Titmuss Quotes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youth League Information   Youth League Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youth League Information
Page 1 of 1