Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newpaper articles

Go down 
+4
Rags
Jonny-Atlanta
craigpp
Scott - Bordeaux
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Guys,

i am looking at introducing cash payments for newspaper articles, similar to how many games operate.

I am therfore looking for somebody to run this, I dont mind if I have to do it myself, but would prefer somebody with some spare time take control and oversee all articles posted.

Cash rewards would be limited to 250k max per week, making it possible for clubs to raise an extra 3mil over the course of a season.

Also, and mainly, it would get the forum more active than it is currently.

So, if you are interested, and have ideas on how you would like this to run, please get in touch via pm/email

Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:05 pm

I'll be up for that.

IDEAS:

* I'd say have a minimum of say, 100 words. It shouldn't be hard to go over that

* Please try to avoid textspeak. I know it seems like a silly rule but it does look nicer with proper language Very Happy

* Banter is encouraged but no coarse language if we can help it, please

* Has to have some sort of relation to your own club's happenings (eg. preview/reactions to a game, manager/player interview, blog, etc ... talking about a player's international duty would not count)

There doesn't need to be too much more regulation than that, I think. Whichever day you update the finances, Scott, I can tally up who has done how many articles for that week and leave you with the weekly information on the board.

How many articles would we permit for payment per week? I know the limit is 250k but is each article going to be worth 250k or something less?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 pm

craigpp wrote:
I'll be up for that.

IDEAS:

* I'd say have a minimum of say, 100 words. It shouldn't be hard to go over that

* Please try to avoid textspeak. I know it seems like a silly rule but it does look nicer with proper language Very Happy

* Banter is encouraged but no coarse language if we can help it, please

* Has to have some sort of relation to your own club's happenings (eg. preview/reactions to a game, manager/player interview, blog, etc ... talking about a player's international duty would not count)

There doesn't need to be too much more regulation than that, I think. Whichever day you update the finances, Scott, I can tally up who has done how many articles for that week and leave you with the weekly information on the board.

How many articles would we permit for payment per week? I know the limit is 250k but is each article going to be worth 250k or something less?

craig id be happy for you to take charge, and I think id trust you enough to do whatever you like regarding articles per week etc, so if your happy, you want the job? ;-)

I would need the earnings per manager for the Saturday night, so, once results are out on sunday, managers could start writing again.

your call mate
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I want to interupt this little party and also apply for the job Razz

My rules would be something like:

A minimum of 100 words, but there also must be a title.
Clear and accurate language - Any hard to read will be sent back to be checked over!
Quotes from yourself or a player must be used to make it more like real life.
A maximum of 2 articles a week can be made, with the first getting you £150K, and the second £100K.

Also, if the article is about an upcoming game or whatever, I will chase up the manager to whom it concerns, and ask them if they would like to react to the comments. (Hopefully this would get some good banter going and a few rivalrys) lol!
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Whatever works, really. I don't mind whether its me or Jonny who runs it in the end as long as its run well enough Smile
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Jonny-Atlanta wrote:
Also, if the article is about an upcoming game or whatever, I will chase up the manager to whom it concerns, and ask them if they would like to react to the comments. (Hopefully this would get some good banter going and a few rivalrys) lol!

Sounds like a good idea although ultimately you actually want people to read the articles themselves before making their own choice. Rivalries are usually very fun (or frenetic!) but people have to want to be able to form rivalries to start with or sending links out to the "target" manager could possibly backfire. Not saying your idea is bad but rivalries can potentially fire up on their own without the need for matches.

I know in PBEMFF, I have a few rivalries as a result of their success vs the lack of mine (JP would be my new rival in that department, taking over from Andy - Helsy), or the fact its just another good manager to face (someone like Paul Weare), I've had good games against them (Rob) or lost in annoying fashion to (Dave from Corinthians, maybe even Andy from Monaco), or someone I just plain disliked (Gabe when he was at Brugge). These kind of rivalries didn't quite need someone else lighting the fire for me, it just happened Smile

On the same token, one manager may want to start a rivalry/banter but it also has to be up to the other to reciprocate with banter as well or its not going to work.
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Another thing to think of is that this game has only been up for just over a season. Even if most of us have faced off or know of each other in other leagues before AFM even started, the fact remains that club history in this game is still in its infancy. As time goes on, we will remember what we might consider great strokes of luck, grave injustices, certain banter or certain arguments over whatever. All these things can go on to build a rivalry as well. So maybe this is something which is just a work-in-progress at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 pm

ok, so we have two applicants.

how about the following.

one of you runs the suggested newspaper along the lines of whats already been suggested.

one of you does something slightly different, carries out interviews. The interviewer could email out questions, then publish up the returned answers. For example, one interview per round (with extra interviews made for cups) so if for instance, there is a battle of the top two in either league, that would jump out as a good candidate. As would be if I played John, as we have quite a rivalry already.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Rags
Sunday League
Sunday League

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:00 pm

The questionaire/interview thing works quite well, gets an insight to a managers thoughts and goals.

Will be willing to help out anywhere I can, let you two chaps take this baby on and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
martin
Need to practice
Need to practice

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 pm

I think it's a good idea, but there are managers with a lack of time to write them.....
Back to top Go down
shawry - LCFC
Need to practice
Need to practice
shawry - LCFC

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 pm

i no im gonna sound a bit thick, but as u all may not be aware this is the only game i play n only started last season so when u all say how other games run im not aware how other games run so sumtimes a bit more details please, also still dont really understand how the training thing will work,is that finalised now?
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

I can monitor the articles and give the money updates. Maybe Jonny can look at the interview side of things, that idea is pretty much his baby so its best to let him try and work that one out.

I suppose we could also go with Jonny's idea of $150k for the first, $100k for the second?

Where should we be sending our articles, by the way? Should it be in The Daily Gossip?

Last edited by craigpp on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 pm

shawry - LCFC wrote:
i no im gonna sound a bit thick, but as u all may not be aware this is the only game i play n only started last season so when u all say how other games run im not aware how other games run so sumtimes a bit more details please, also still dont really understand how the training thing will work,is that finalised now?

For some reason I thought you were in PBEMFF but I must be wrong! sunny
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Whoever takes the roles will be given mod status, so craig, you could have your own part of the forum to do with press releases and have full control of it.

Jonny could have a part to do with interviews and so on and so forth.

How you work out the cash given out Craig is your call, I was thinking on something like

x amount paid out for so many written words
+
x amount paid for including pictures
+
final payment for overall quality of article.

so,

100k for reaching 100 words
+
50k per picture (max of two)
+
50k bonus for quality article.

This would hit the maximum of 250k per week no problem.

jonny, are you ok with doing the interviews side of life?
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:11 am

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
100k for reaching 100 words
+
50k per picture (max of two)
+
50k bonus for quality article.

Hmm ... I like the ideas, but define quality article. I'm thinking of things as simple as no text-speak with acceptable topic and format if I am to include the "quality article" bonus. Is that what you were thinking of as well or something a little deeper?

As far as the "interviewing" job goes, it might not just come down to letting people know when an article is directed at them. Even if Jonny was to ask a manager every so often if they want an interview. That kind of thing is also pretty fun and I'm more than happy to let him do those kind of things while I just concentrate on looking at the content and see that each article is decent.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 am

Craig you can run the news side however you like buddy, that was just my thoughts on how to distribute the prize money. If you want to do something different go for it.

As for the interviews, I was thinking Jonny could run that in a completely seperate sense to the newspapers, so it woudl have a seperate area of the forum, and wouldnt affect your work.
Back to top Go down
shawry - LCFC
Need to practice
Need to practice
shawry - LCFC

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 am

if there separate does that mean two lots of cash or does the cash break down into separate categories
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:32 am

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
As for the interviews, I was thinking Jonny could run that in a completely seperate sense to the newspapers, so it woudl have a seperate area of the forum, and wouldnt affect your work.

Not a problem, not fussed either way.

When the new area of the forum is opened for newspaper articles, I'll probably just put a sticky up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm

shawry - LCFC wrote:
if there separate does that mean two lots of cash or does the cash break down into separate categories

no mate there will be no cash paid out for interviews, as it wouldnt be possible to evenly interview everybody. No word from Jonny if he is ok with this yet
Back to top Go down
craigpp
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Scott - Bordeaux wrote:
shawry - LCFC wrote:

no mate there will be no cash paid out for interviews, as it wouldnt be possible to evenly interview everybody. No word from Jonny if he is ok with this yet

Hmm I see. Probably good logic behind that, though. You'd also find that everyone get a chance to have one and in so doing, having cash rewards would prove to be superfluous.

Maybe cash rewards could work, though. In said situation, Jonny might randomly choose 1 or 2 managers a week to do interviews (with topical and relevant questions to the team) and wait a few days (preferably before the weekend) for a reply. Or he could even copy and paste a generic interview to all managers with the first (or most entertaining) one or two entries making it onto the interview board. The process would repeat the following week, excepting those who have previously had an interview posted up on the site until everyone has posted an interview. Everyone gets their cash, its dependent on when each team gets it of course.

Jonny may have a completely different idea but that's one or two ways he could do it. Plenty of good ways to do this kind of thing, really Smile
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm

only problem is, towards the end of the season, if one or two teams are proving more interview worthy, maybe good league form and cup sucess, or fighting relegation whilst the yth team is dominating, they would attract more attention than say a mid table side who havent really done a lot all season.

if Jonny doesnt want to do it, I wouldnt mind giving it a go myself as I did something similar once, can be a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah, I will give it a go for sure!!!

Count me in lads
Back to top Go down
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:57 pm

I will give it a good think over the next few days, and start on Monday?

That sound ok?
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Jonny-Atlanta wrote:
I will give it a good think over the next few days, and start on Monday?

That sound ok?

yes mate, ill speak to you over msn im sure and give you some ideas to take it. Usually can be a good laugh, with the occasional serious game to get involved in!
Back to top Go down
newgold
Need to practice
Need to practice

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:36 am

As time goes on, we will remember what we might consider great strokes of luck, grave injustices, certain banter or certain arguments over whatever. All these things can go on to build a rivalry as well. So maybe this is something which is just a work-in-progress at this stage.
Love Famous Quotes
Quotes by Angelina Jolie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newpaper articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newpaper articles   Newpaper articles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newpaper articles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced Football Manager :: AFM progession-
Jump to: