Advanced Football Manager
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Football Manager

The Advanced Football Manager Forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Knowing other managers!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

Knowing other managers! Empty
PostSubject: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 am

Is it a help or a hinderance knowing other managers from other games?

or does it give you a better understanding what there all about?

comments guys!
Back to top Go down
Scott - Bordeaux
Admin
Scott - Bordeaux

PostSubject: Re: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

I think its 80/20 in the help phase.

I know I will probably never deal with John, as we are both similar in the way we go after new players.

I know Andie isnt afraid of ever making a mega deal also, so I could approach him for a superstar.

On the other hand, people know what I am about, which makes it harder for me to do deals I think.

I may have changed my mind to 50/50 now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.advancedfootballmanager.co.uk
Jonny-Atlanta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:23 pm

To be honest I dont really know that many other managers from other games, but I think it would be a disadvantage.

For example, if your opponent has been in a certain situation before in another game (E.G - Must at least draw final game to be promoted) and they find themselves in the same position on this game, then this could give a little advantage to how they will go about this game....Some people would go attacking, some defencive etc

However, that is up to the other manager to try and bluff there way to victory. In a way there is no advantage or disadvantage as you will never know how another manager will play!
Back to top Go down
andieglen
Sunday League
Sunday League
andieglen

PostSubject: Re: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 am

i had a loOk through some of the teams here in AFM and was really surprised at how many i know from other games.

at least half the managers i play against in at least 2 games, the others are around 3 and a couple 4 games in total.

i think it does help alot knowing some of them, you get a general idea how they opperate (especially with transfers etc) some managers, i have to admit you do gain a bit of respect for some of them, when you see how they go about there buisness on a daily/weekly basis.

in general it does help but sometimes its a hinderance as well, up until rescently, i think i gave some managers a bit more respect or credit when playing against them, which to be fair i shouldnt of really. these days i go about my buisness in my own way and think its probably best doing that?

but it is scarey, when new managers are introduced to a game and you sit and think, "i know him, him and him" lmao

think i have been playing these games far too long lmfao!

i sat down the other day and looked at how well i was doing in ALL my games, and tbh honest was really surprised. i think when you know someone in 1 maybe 2 games they think "well he's tat" but anyone who see's what your doing across the board, may have another opinion? hence the post lol!

enjoying my footy at the mo, and may it continue Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
akaishuu
Need to practice
Need to practice

PostSubject: Re: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 am

Busch Gardens is the ultimate family adventure with a unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos, live shows, restaurants, shops and games. Here are some helpful suggestions to enjoy your day.

* For Youngsters
* For Teens & Thrill Seekers
* For Non-Thrill Seekers
* For Waterpark Lovers

Download Shooter games
VOIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowing other managers!   Knowing other managers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knowing other managers!
Page 1 of 1